Travel News!!!!
Well, we got a very special belated Christmas gift this year. On Thursday, December 29th, I got a call at work from our case manager telling us that she had travel dates for us! We need to be in Taiwan to pick up our son on January 23rd!!
I was stunned! We never imagined we would get to go so quickly!! Typically, once your second round of paperwork ("dossier") is in the courts, it can take 3-6 months for hearings and rulings and whatever legal stuff they have to do (none of which we get any info about until it's all done). There's really no way to track your case's progress through the courts-- it's kind of like "you'll know when you know." Anyway, we had geared ourselves up to not go until mid-to-late February at the earliest, but probably March would be more realistic. So, you can imagine our surprise when we got that call on the 29th of December telling us we had about three weeks to get to Taiwan!
Of course, it's been crazy mode since then. I have booked our flights and hotel and we have been working frantically to gather all the necessary paperwork (yes, there's more!) that we have to take with us. I should seriously open my own Kinko's or something because I have never had to make so many copies of so many different forms and papers in my life!! In addition to preparing for the trip, we are in a mad rush to get the house ready, particularly the nursery. Being true procrastinators of the worst variety, we had nothing even started before this weekend. I honestly expected that I would get started after the new year and could leisurely get together the baby's room over the next month or so. Not now! We have so much to do and very little time to do it. I know we'll make it happen, but I wish we would've started on some of this stuff earlier like they suggest you do. Oh well, we can handle a few weeks of stress if it means bringing that sweet baby home at the end :)
I'll post some information about our travel itinerary next. Also, I hope to add updates over the next few weeks and, if possible, from Taiwan. Stay tuned!


<< Home