Monday, August 27, 2007

So where have we been the past 9 months??

Good question! I can't believe how much time has passed since the last time I added anything to this blog. I love journaling and reflecting upon our life with Quentin but time always seems to slip by. We've been so very busy this year! January marked the one year anniversary of when we traveled to Taiwan to bring home our precious little boy. Seems like just yesterday yet in so many ways I feel he has always been a part of us. March brought the big 3-0 for mommy. I'm loving being 30. I'll wax poetic on that some other time though :) May was a huge month as Brian finally graduated from pharmacy school!! Whoo-hoo!! A few days later we moved into our brand new house out in the boonies. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually really enjoying living in the sticks. Well, except the drive to work. Sure, the closest signs of civilization (i.e. shopping!) are 7+ miles away and it takes me about 2 1/2 hours round trip to get to and from work, but the trade off is peace and quiet, open space, and a sense of security/safety that I've never felt before. July was an another big month because Quentin turned 2! He is active and happy and, yes, definitely in the "terrible two's" stage. I think they should rename it the "tantrum two's" 'cause we're getting lots of experience with mini meltdowns and crocodile tears. But, at the same time, when he's in a good mood he's irresitably cute and vibrant and full of character. We laugh every day. He talks up a sotrm, but still mostly gibberish. He says everything with such expression. He understnads so much and can speak about 30+ words with enough clarity that most people can get the gist of what he's saying. The latest cute phrase he's been repeating is "Bye! See you tomorrow!" Love that!!

Anyway, not much time to really write much tonight. Just wanted to let everyone know we're alive and kickin' and everything is going swimmingly. The pictures I've posted below were all taken within the past 4 months roughly. There are hundreds, if not thousands more where those came from (no joke!) so hopefully, one day soon, I can post some more and actually reflect a little on the past year. Good thing I get new vacation hours awarded next week! I plan to take some time off to relax and blog and enjoy not sitting in the car forat least one day :)