A few words of thanks...
Whew! So much to write about, so little time!! This will have to be a quick post, because we leave tomorrow and we are nowhere near ready to go!! This past weekend we were so lucky to have attended two baby showers given to us by family and friends. On Saturday, my mom hosted a huge shower for us at their house. It was unbelievable! Despite being sick for several days, she planned games, decorated, got a wonderful spread of food, and played host to over 25 of our closest family and friends. I am completely blown away by her sometimes! It was so wonderful to see everyone and enjoy their company. On Sunday, Brian's friends from school also threw us a very nice shower. It meant so much to both of us to see all those friends who, despite being in the midst of another challenging semester of pharmacy school, came together to share in our joy and show their support and friendship. Everyone has been so supportive and loving and extremely generous. We received an astounding amount of much-needed items for the baby from both of these showers. In fact, we got just about everything we could possibly need for him! When we got home and had all the gifts laid out in Quentin's room, we could barely move! I told Brian that it looked like Babies 'R Us exploded in our house!! Four days later and I'm still trying to figure out where to put everything :) As I stand there folding tiny clothes in the wee small hours of the morning or as I haul yet another bag of wrappings and packaging from all the toys and baby supplies, I find myself reflecting on how lucky we are to be surrounded by such love. It touches my heart and even overwhelms a little when I really stop to think about what we've experienced this weekend. Recalling all the genuinely happy friends and relatives and listening to the excitement in their voices makes me see that Quentin is going to be so loved, not only by us, but by everyone in our lives. At the expense of getting all mushy, I just want to say a heartfelt thank you to my mom for all of her hard work. We love you so much and are amazed by you every day! And to all the friends and family, thank you cannot adequately express our gratitude for the wonderful gifts, the unending support, and the unconditional love you have given Brian and me. Sounds kind of cheesy, but you have all made me realize that regardless of what the news media or society tries to say, there is still so much good in this world and a lot of people really do care about others. Life is good! And I'm proud to bring my son into our lives knowing that he will be not only accepted, but embraced, loved, and cherished by everyone who means so much to us.
**
And now I'm off to do yet another load of laundry!! :)) I'm not sure if or how much I will be able to post over the next few days, but please check back. We're going to try to post updates and pictures from Taiwan! Wish us luck!! Tomorrow we embark on the beginning of the rest of our lives!


<< Home