We are finally in Taipei, Taiwan!!
We made it!! I cannot believe that I am sitting here half-way around the world! This will be a quick post because we are using the business center in our hotel and they charge NT$150 per half hour (I think that's about $4.80 USD). Anyway, the flight here was fantastic!!! I would have to say it was the best flight I've ever been on in terms of comfort and service. It was soooo worth the extra few hundred bucks to upgrade to Deluxe class on EVA. We had reclining seats with footrests and tons of leg room. Brian and I sat together at the bulkhead wall so we had nobody in front of or next to us (it was 2 seats in each row at the front of that section). Before we left, I thought I'd freak out being on a plane for 14+ hours but it was not that bad at all!! So we got to Taipei at around 6:30 am local time on Saturday, January 21st. That's 3:30 pm Arizona time Friday the 20th. Since it was so early in the morning, they didn't have our room ready yet. We wandered the streets aimlessly and extremely tired for about 4 1/2 hours until the room was ready. It was worth the wait! We somehow ended up with a suite!! Awesome!! Today we met up with Brian's "great-uncle" who took us to Taipei 101. That was so awe-inspiring! The architecture was amazing! It's similar to the Sears Tower or the Empire State Building, but better in my humble opinion. So far, Taipei has been pretty neat. The drive from the airport into town was gorgeous-- lots of lush greenery and rolling fog-- reminded me of Oahu Hawaii. The city is a typical urban place-- tons of people, scooters, and neon. Parts of it are surprisingly clean and well kept, but there are equally as many dirty parts too. We took the subway when we went to Taipei 101-- it was very clean and efficient--and fast! Anyway, everything so far has been good. Tomorrow we will visit the National Palace Museum and then Monday we finally get to see Quentin! Yippee!!!
It's now about 8:40 pm Saturday. Time to get some much-needed zzzzzzzzzz's :)


<< Home